CoolSculpting v. Liposonix: Which Fat Reduction is best?
CoolSculpting v. Liposonix
Revolutionary fat reduction treatments such as CoolSculpting and Liposonix are FDA approved and proven to effectively reduce stubborn fat deposits.¹ ² But which of these two fat reduction treatments is right for you? SKINNEY Medspa discusses CoolSculpting and Liposonix, revealing the differences between the two.
Non-Invasive Alternatives to Liposuction
How Does CoolSculpting Work?
CoolSculpting, essentially freezes fat, by using Cryolipolysis technology. According to clinical research Fat cells are very sensitive to temperature, much more so than skin cells. When applying controlled cooling to targeted fat cells, the skin and surrounding tissues, remain unaffected, while amount of the fat cells freeze and die. Once the fat cells are frozen, the body uses its natural healing process, metabolizing the dead cells and removing them from your body as waste.
Learn more about CoolSculpting from SKINNEY Medspa.
CoolSculpting Before and After Pictures*
How Does Liposonix Work?
Liposonix on the other hand, capitalizes on advancing ultrasonic technology, essentially heating fat. According to clinical research, during Liposonix, controlled ultrasonic energy safely penetrates past the skin layer into the subcutaneous fat layer, heating a certain amount of fat cells, causing them to die. Like Cool Sculpting, the body then removes those dead fat cells, naturally through the lymphatic system.
Learn more about Liposonix from SKINNEY Medspa.
Liposonix Before and After Pictures*
The Differences Between CoolSculpting and Liposonix*
- CoolSculpting works best when treating larger fat deposits, because the machine requires enough excess fat to create a bulge that can be treated between two cooling plates. This makes CoolSculpting a great alternative to liposuction for reducing stomach fat or love handles.
- Liposonix is more versatile. Liposonix uses a handheld device, allowing it to treat smaller, more confined areas of the body. Liposonix can be used to target fat deposits in the flanks and buttocks, as well as the stomach and hips area.
- Another difference between CoolSculpting and Liposonix is the comfort level during the treatments. Clients receiving CoolSculpting rarely feel any discomfort and often relax and take a nap during the one hour procedure. Clients receiving Liposonix occasionally experience moderate discomfort during the treatment. Taking a Tylenol before the treatment really helps to minimize any discomfort during a Liposonix procedure..*
- CoolSculpting requires less downtime post treatment, than Liposonix. Clients receiving CoolSculpting can return to their normal activities immediately after the procedure. Clients receiving Liposonix experience more mild bruising and slight tenderness after the procedure.*
- Typically, Liposonix is a slightly faster procedure being able to treat multiple areas, such as your hips and stomach fat in the same amount of time it takes CoolSculpting to treat one area.
Non-Invasive Fat Reduction from SKINNEY Medspa
The best way of learning which fat reduction treatment is right for you is by signing up for a free consultation from SKINNEY Medspa. Ranked as the best spa in NYC for non-invasive fat reduction, the professionals at SKINNEY Medspa are your best bet for reducing belly fat, love handles, and other bulges that are keeping you from your ideal body.